Ceapro's value driver product, oat beta glucan, is known as the anti-aging active ingredient included in well-known brands. Studies have shown that cereal beta glucan is highly effective in stimulating collagen synthesis and can play a prominent role in skin restructuring and wound healing.
Beta glucan extracted from oat is water soluble. We have shown the unusual ability of Ceapro's oat-based beta glucan to deeply penetrate the skin into the epidermis and dermis despite its large molecular weight. As a result, the use of oat beta glucan as a potential delivery system has attracted interest from multiple parties looking to improve the delivery of their therapeutic products. The potential to impregnate or encapsulate bioactives with formulations of beta glucan has increased the interest in determining its potential as a delivery platform.
Oat Beta glucan functional properties include:
- Strengthens the skin's ability to deal with adverse environmental effects, leading to anti-aging and anti-wrinkle properties by:
- Increasing collagen deposition;
- Increasing tensile strengths of wound tissue;
- Reducing scaring;
- Acting as a natural moisture barrier and film-forming agent;
- Relieving and alleviating dry and itchy skin by replenishing and protecting the skin's moisture barrier;
- Providing deep long-lasting skin hydration thereby reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Increases satiety and help regulate blood glucose levels by increasing viscosity in the intestinal tract.
- Approved health claims by Health Canada, United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) for decreasing the risk of heart disease due to its cholesterol lowering effects.
- ECOCERT Natural Registration
- Allergen Free
- Not tested on animals
- Natural product free from Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs)